WE’VE HELPED PROFESSIONALS
THEIR EDUCATIONAL GOALS!
Transport Canada, FSS NOTAM, ATC: Maps on Paper, BST NOTAM, Nav CANADA, Canadian Flight Supplement, SECURITAS (accident TSB) (incident TC)…
Medical, Mental, Physical, Environmental, Wildlife
Airports & Aerodromes
Principles of Flight
Wind direction, updrafts, downdrafts, and how they affect lightweight VTOLs and other RPASs. Wind Estimation for Small RPAS Vehicles, Wind Gust, and Wind Velocity.
Sites for information:
- Nav CANADA, TAF (finding and reading in standard and plain language)
- METAR, Sunrise & sunset, Dew points
Special Flight Operator Certificates (before June 1st, 2019):
How to prepare an SFOC using the Transport Canada guide, applications in various regions including Eastern, Ontario, Central and PNR regions.
Learn about the new regulations which came into effect on June 1st, 2019 with all related documents. You will also learn how to prepare for the basic and advanced examination, including what to expect on a flight review.
Radio Operator’s Certificate:
Wildlife and Parks:
Where to get information on national, provincial and municipal parks. Also, local/regional/provincial governments.
Reference Books (English and French)
- AIM, CFS, Maps (VTA)
Handouts will be provided at intervals for the in-class sessions. Online (LMS) training will provide a reference library accessible to all registered online training students.
Indoor Flying and Features of a Drone:
- Safety and precaution of radio control electric power RPAS system
- Introduction to radio control and APM auto pilot
- Basic aerodynamics for multirotor
- Introduction to basic radio control plane and flight control
- Basic computer simulation training
- Basic radio control set up
- Introduction to radio control flying in auto pilot assisted stabilize mode
- Introduction to Mission Planner
- Planning your first mission
- Ground control station monitoring
- Advance computer simulation training
- Traffic pattern flight training
- Takeoff and landing practice in manual mode
Outdoor Practical Exercise:
- Traffic pattern at low altitude
- Low pass, hover
- Landing in target areas
- Headwind vs crosswind situations
- Judging RPAS limitation in strong winds, variable payload effect
- Application of Yaw, Tilt, Roll in different weather conditions
- Advanced radio control multirotor flying in manual mode
- Distance perception and LOS
Operating Your RPAS Business – Progress & Evaluation (this course unit provided upon request).